The play-to-earn (P2E) paradigm attracts more and more gamers. What could possibly be better than doing what you love, having fun and working all at the same time?
Each NFT game platform offers a native token that can be traded both on the platform’s marketplace or open exchanges. Not all games have achieved the popularity to trade on the open market — after all, the industry is quite new. However, it has amazing potential. In this article, we will present the most promising and already widely known blockchain gaming services that will help you earn money.
This online video game was launched in 2018 and is currently ranked among the best blockchain games. The number of active users is increasing steadily.
Axie Infinity is a blockchain-based universe inspired by Pokémon. Players battle with each other, collect and raise Axies in the land of Lunacia. Each Axie has its own strong and weak qualities determined by its genetics — therefore, no two Axies are exactly the same. Their classes include the Beast, Bug, Reptile, Plant, Aquatic, and Bird. They also have four levels of rarity, including common, rare, ultra-rare, and legendary.
Axie Infinity offers two game modes:
- the Battle Mode where two users participate in a real-time battle;
- Adventure Mode where users travel around the game’s world and complete tasks to defeat hostile creatures known as Chimera they meet on their journey.
The game requires an initial investment since each player needs to have at least three Axies. However, the investment pays off soon for active players.
They can make money with Axie Infinity by performing certain actions in the Axie metaverse and receiving SLP, a native ERC-20 (Ethereum-based) token of the Axie Infinity platform. There is a high demand for this token which allows gamers to sell SLP to other users and make money. Users can also trade SLP on a decentralized exchange (DEX) or a centralized exchange such as Binance. Just like any other cryptocurrency, SLP is volatile, and users should choose the right moment to convert it, in order to avoid risks.
Players can also earn or buy another native ERC-20 token called Axie Infinity (AXS). AXS is a governance token that allows players to vote and participate in the decision-making.
Since the beginning, Axie Infinity has received a revenue of over 15,000 ETH. It became so popular that many people in the Philippines quit their jobs in order to make money by playing the game full-time.
Gods Unchained is a blockchain-based tactical card game. It integrates NFT elements into traditional card gaming. Players receive the right of ownership to the in-game assets. Players need to be good at strategic decision-making, and there is a lot of competition between them.
Players can collect cards by either buying them or winning PvP battles. The factors that determine success include the skill of gamers and the quality of cards. With every win, a player receives a new pack of cards for the collection and XP that help to proceed to the next level.
Each card is a non-fungible token — an Ethereum-based ERC-721 — which gives players complete ownership of their in-game assets.
The cards can be traded both on the platform’s marketplace and on the open market. In the game’s ecosystem, players can receive payment in the form of $GODS — the platform’s token. Although this token has not been officially launched yet, it is expected to happen quite soon.
This is a multiplayer strategy inspired by science fiction. MetaWars is an RPG with a large space-based metaverse. The MetaWars galaxy allows players can earn money in the game’s economy and participate in an immersive experience of space exploration.
Players can choose their own path in the game’s infinite universes by using a wide range of NFTs. They can also complete missions together with other players to play their part in various important events in the metaverse.
Gamers can strengthen their armies with unique ships, various classes, and optimization options. By combining modules, devices, equipment and weapons, players can improve the skills of their characters, level up and get lucrative rewards.
The game consists of 4 modes:
- Exploration. In this mode, players explore the vast galaxy of MetaWars that is constantly developing and changing as a result of the actions of all players. Players unravel mysteries and protect valuable objects from their enemies.
- Fleet Formation. Players can build a fleet that will include ships and robots. To create a perfect fleet, users will need to develop a strategy and combine various devices, weapons and modules accordingly.
- Combat – Planet. This is a PvP mode where the winners receive $WARS tokens as a reward.
- • Missions. There is also a PvE (player-versus-environment) mode that allows players to improve their strength, level up and receive rewards.
$WARS is the game’s native token and a MetaWars governance token. A secondary token known as $GAM will be introduced later.
The Three Kingdoms is a strategic third-generation NFT based game. It is inspired by actual historical figures of the Three Kingdoms period of Chinese history. The Three Kingdom is characterized by impressive graphics, collectable NFT characters, various quests, and siege campaigns that offer blockchain tokens as rewards.
Other strengths of this game include great character development, extensive history, and progression gameplay. Users can set up their own base, gain new territories, level up their character’s strengths, and win battles by defeating their enemies in PvE and PvP modes.
Like the above-mentioned games, it offers various options to earn money:
- Raffles. Every once in a while, a sweepstake is conducted where players can draw a random character card for a certain price. Players can participate as many times as they would like.
- Characters. Every character is randomly assigned six attributes, including defence power, attack power, luck, energy, intellect, and leadership. Depending on these combined attributes, a card may be normal, rare, super rare, or legendary.
- Quests. Players can also send out one of their heroes to recruit other characters. Each new character adds a new NFT and helps to strengthen the army.
- Farming. Players can farm NFTs by staking the platform’s native token known as $TTK.
$TTK is the platform’s native token. It can be used to buy new characters on the NFT marketplace, strengthen the armies, and purchase land. Another option is to stake it, in order to farm even more valuable NFTs. It is also traded on open marketplaces and is currently growing.
The secondary blockchain token known as $CHI is based on the concept of Chi energy from the traditional Chinese culture. Chi is considered to be a vital force that forms part of any living thing. Later, $CHI will be used to lay siege to cities, participate in battles with other players and create new heroes.
CryptoKitties is the first blockchain-based game that was launched in 2017 by Dapper Labs. The goal of the game is to breed virtual kittens.
Each kitten is unique and has certain attributes that make it different from all other kittens on the Ethereum blockchain. In order to get kittens, players can buy them on a special marketplace or breed two existing CryptoKitties together. By breeding the Kitties players unlock new unique attributes.
Players collect kittens to earn rewards. When a player has a certain number of Kitties, they can compete for prizes in catfights or sell kittens either on the game’s native marketplace or major NFT platforms.
Due to its amazing popularity, CryptoKitties once caused an Ethereum network overload. Currently, CryptoKitties is one of the most popular P2E games.